Get one-on-one coaching in digital photography and post production
Tailoring lessons to cover specifically what you want to learn is the fastest way to make progress with your photography and see an improvement in the images you create. By focusing on your equipment, your process, and your pictures, we can work together on a plan to get you where you want to be with your images. As someone who was steered away from artistic pursuits at a young age, I have a passion for teaching in a fun and positive environment, and feel like it’s never too late to learn something new. So, if you’re a beginner looking to explore a new hobby, or an advanced photographer wanting to improve a specific skill set, contact me and lets see if we can work together to help you with your photography goals.
Who is one-on-one coaching for?
- with a new camera who might be overwhelmed by all the buttons and menus
- who only shoot one way or in one mode, and are ready to try a new way of taking pictures
- who want to learn more about light, composition, and how some people can take amazing pictures regardless of the camera they are using
- who takes pictures that don’t quite come out the way they thought they would and don’t understand why
For advanced photographers:
- who are interested in using flash but don’t know where to start
- who want to learn multiple flash or in-studio photography
- who want to incorporate artistic techniques like motion blur, long exposure, HDR, and multiple exposure (or are curious about what any of those things mean)
- who want to add more intentionality and storytelling elements into the images you create
What do the lessons cover?
Below is a partial list of topics we can cover together. If you don’t see what you’re interested in the list below, contact me to see if your interests match up with my expertise.
Different categories of photography including:
- Digital composites
- Learn how to shoot in manual in any situation without fear
- Learn what all of the buttons and menus on your camera mean and how to use them in your photography
- Learn how to use your flash (or multiple flashes) to create images in any setting
- Take the mystery out of exposure and never have an image that’s too dark or too bright
- Use natural light, or artificial light, to take better portraits
- Understand how to use composition to tell a story with your images
- Take travel images that go beyond the postcards you see in the tourist shops
The Digital Side
- All aspects of Photoshop, Bridge, and Lightroom
- How to use Lightroom to create an effective digital workflow, so you can spend more time shooting and less time in front of the computer
- How to import your images into your computer and never come across a “missing” image again
- Understand what all the acronyms mean (NEF, DNG, RAW, etc.) and how they affect your photography
- Understand how slights tweaks to the light and crop of your images can make a big difference
- Learn retouching techniques and advanced photo editing skills to improve skin and correct color
- Understand how to create composites, how to digitally edit multiple photographs to create a brand new image
Let's chat about what you're trying to learn and how we can work together. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Adobe Certified Expert in Photoshop CS6 and CC